Thursday 7 April 2011

Test Shoot

On friday, myself, Nikita and Stephanie did a test shoot in the small photography studio in the media factory. We wanted to practise the different ideas we had for the lighting.



Firstly we tried the images with more shadow and white background, i had found some images i really liked with this lighting, and the others agreed it worked well for repetition as if in a factory.. I showed the girls some iamges i had on my blog wher my idea came from. We tried it out, but it wasn't working as well we had hoped. The images looked quite flat compared to the ones i had seen for my inpsiration. They changed the lighting, and played about it all techniques to get it right, but it wasn't working. These are some of the images in this technique.



Unfortunately i was the standi n model to practise the techniques. As these images show, the shadow isn't dark enough in my opinion to make much of a difference and catch the audiences attention. The images look quite flat, and the contrast i wasnted to show isn't strong enough between the white and dark shadow.






As you can see with these images the lighting around the model is becoming increasingly darker. We decided to use another i had on my blog, which was to make a spotlight around the model (see shadow lighting section for examples). I like this contrast a lot more than the earlier set of images. I think this spotlight around the model will fit into our narrative as if the model was a product being made in a factory, and you see the 8 sections it takes to create the final product. This shows the idea that we are all treated the same, like robots going through school.




These are the images showing the technique we have decided to use for our shoot. I think them ore intense spotlight and contrast works a lot better with our narrative and makes our shoot more difference to the plain studio shots you see. As we have discussed these images from the test shoot, we have decided to use this gradual change in the lighting so that the editorial doesn't become too intense and samey.  I think now we have the lighting sorted, the shoot is coming along more.

No comments:

Post a Comment